Wednesday, March 20, 2013

There's Something Sleazy "About Adam"

 
 You naughty, naughty boy...

The Story:

Adam (Stuart Townsend) falls in love with a girl (Kate Hudson).  He's perfect for her, unlike anyone she's ever dated.  So she proposes to him, and he accepts.  This disappoints her sister (Frances O'Conner) as she has fallen for Adam as well.  But it's okay, they have their affair, and keep it from their sister.  Except their oldest sister knows of both of their love for Adam, and falls for him as well...

It's a romantic comedy!

An hour in, I'd had enough.

Basically the story keeps flashing back to show you when each of the affairs began, and as great as the actors are, I just realized I didn't care for this anymore.

That one sister, let alone two sisters! would still have an affair with a man that their baby sister was engaged to...

Nope, can't do it.

That it appears that the wedding would continue, as would the affairs...

Nope, not going to even bother wasting that last 30 minutes of my life.
 
Yes, even in the fictional world of movies, I have certain standards or lines that I won't cross.
 
Sure, it varies from movie to movie... ; )
 
But you get my point.

Available to stream instantly on Netflix as of this writing if you're up to the challenge.

Final Grade: D.  Great actors drug down by an implausibly deplorable situation.

Would I Own It:  You tell me. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment