Saturday, March 9, 2013

I Will Find You, And I Will Kill You. Again. "Taken 2"






It's like Die Hard...set in Turkey!

The Story:

Dad of the Year, Bryan (Liam Neeson) has held up his end of the bargain of being a good father to Kim (Maggie Grace) and keeps in touch with his ex (Famke Janssen) since the events of the first movie when his daughter was kidnapped and he had to kill a bunch of bad guys to get her back.  Well... it seems the father of one of those dead kidnappers wants to make an example out of Bryan and kill him and his whole family.

Bad move, dude.


So really, it's more like Taken... with the whole family!  But yes, following the Die Hard idea of 'the same thing happening to the same guy' formula, Bryan is once again forced to save his family, even when he is the one that is taken this time.

He does that by luck, skill, and having his daughter help save him.

I don't remember how much I enjoyed the first film, but I found this sequel to be just fine with me, and maybe even more enjoyable. 

Fast paced, action pieces moved along at a nice clip, and Liam Neeson is commanding of a presence as always.  Really glad to say that again after how much I really disliked the  movie The Grey.

I also am adding this franchise to the list of movies that I will give to my daughter's boyfriends when I meet them, and let them know that if you think THESE dads are overprotective, wait till they see me.

>: )

I must also give some credit to Luc Besson.  I find that I really enjoy most of the films where he is the writer, or co-writer, or has some dabbling writing of the film.  In addition to this franchise he's given us: Leon: The Professional, The Fifth Element; The Transporter franchise; and Lockout, those are my favorites from among his many credits.

We'll see if the franchise rolls out a 3rd film...

At this point maybe as an idea, and not the same characters?

I mean, how many times can one family keep getting kidnapped?!?

Final Grade: B

Would I Own It: I'm not sure.  I'd definitely watch it again.  I may have to watch the first one again, and possibly add both to the library. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment