Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pipe Bomb! "C.M. Punk: The Best in the World"






It's Clobberin' Time!!!


The Story:

This documentary from the WWE follows the rise of C.M. Punk from the ranks of backyard wrestling to star of the Indy Circuit.  From there, it was only a matter of time until the WWE called, and eventually they did.  But after he arrived, he was never given the accolades and position that he, and many others, felt that Punk deserved. 

Next stop: Best. In. The. World.

I would have to say that this may be the most intriguing of the documentaries on WWE's top stars that they've ever produced.  Unprecedented access/use of Punk's material before coming to the WWE showed why he was the hot commodity of the Indie circuit.

And yet, talk about allowing the dog to bite the hand that feeds him...

They do not shy away from Punk's animosity towards the WWE corporate machine.

Punk has been allowed to be at the top of the game, but never to be the face of the company.  It can never happen as long as Cena is still around.

Yet somehow, Punk finds a way.

All the while, he brings out the best in all of his opponents, and himself as well.

I would have to say that he is this generation's Shawn Michaels.

The little guy that shouldn't... but does.

He doesn't need the belt to show you how great he is.

Highly worth watching.

And yes, if you've made it this far, I still enjoy watching wrestling... I know it's "fake", but these athletes are nothing short of entertaining.  Put it another way, I drop something on my toe, it hurts.  Getting hit with a chair, forget it....

: )


The documentary portion is available for streaming on Netflix as of this writing.

Final Grade: A

Would I Own It: Yep, if not for myself, I'll definitely get it for my son, a die-hard Punk fan.  Infinitely rewatchable, and can't wait to see the matches that they picked to go with the documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment