Saturday, April 20, 2013

Get Ready to Twi Hard! "Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2"


The thrilling conclusion to the eleventeen part movie trilogy...


The Story:

Bella (Kristen Stewart) is now a vampire, married to her man Edward (Robert Pattinson).  Their baby is growing up...fast!  And this threat is going to bring a war to end all wars between every vampire ever seen on the screen, and a whole bunch of newbies created just for this film.  Oh, and there's werewolves too (Taylor Lautner)!

Yes, I've seen them all.

No, I'm not a delusional teenage girl.

Nor did my delusional teenage girls even remotely make me get this series.

What had happened was....

The first Twilight movie came out, what seems like a lifetime ago...  It was nifty enough, not a total waste of time...

So I've watched the whole thing, and now that it's over...

It is over, right?

I shrug my shoulders and think "it could have been worse".

So it's not bad... it's not a train wreck.  The three leads have the charisma of a wet paper bag, so I've gone with the fact that they are actually surrounded by interesting side characters.  The Cullen family and Bella's dad are great throughout the film series.

The introduction of a whole lot of vampires in this film was actually interesting, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of them.  Retroactive history, I would have preferred to watch several movies starring those characters instead. :) 

Otherwise, this one brought the series to a close relatively nicely.

It was marred by some creepy CGI-ing a face onto a baby and kid though.  Ick...

And I have to admit, the 'final battle' got me.  That's how little I pay attention to the film, I fell for that trick!

I'll give the saga as a whole, a C+ for execution.

This installment, a solid C, a big improvement over Part 1 which was a 2 hour placeholder.

Would I Own/Rewatch:  No, I received enough grief for subjecting everyone to it once already. : )
throughout the film.  Disturbing to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment