Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Brandon Routh is No Superman... "Dylan Dog: Dead of Night"


No pulse? No problem!

The Story:

Dylan Dog, (Brandon Routh) a former paranormal investigator is pulled back into the life he tried to leave behind when he is asked to investigate a murder that appears to have been committed by a werewolf.  He has no desire to get back into that side of New Orleans, but when his best friend Marcus (Sam Huntington) gets turned into a zombie, he feels he has no choice.

Unfamiliar with the comics upon which this is based, I probably feel it's for the best.

So here we go...

I enjoyed it.

Possibly the best Brandon Routh film I've ever seen.

Having checked his credits, it is indeed the best film I've ever seen him in. : )

You've got a paranormal investigator that at one time was charged with keeping the peace between werewolves and vampires plus the zombies and other supernatural beings living in New Orleans.  Then something truly awful happened, Dylan snapped and set in motion a plan that is coming to fruition under his nose.

It's fun watching his friend not enjoy the fact that he's been turned into a zombie and spends most of the movie in denial about it.

To me, it's a welcome addition to the comics turned to movies genre or horror/comedy genre.

Final Grade: B-

Would I Watch it Again or Own It: I could definitely watch it again, and for the right price, I'd pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment