Monday, February 25, 2013

While Damon's Away... "The Bourne Legacy"


 
Bourne to be wi-ii-ld...


The Story:

The assassins with no memory are back.  This time a new agent (Jeremy Renner) has to fight to stay alive, and save a Dr. (Rachel Weisz) from getting killed so she can hook him up with some drugs to keep his superhero powers.  This story takes place, simultaneously as the last Bourne film as they splice some footage together to strengthen the Bourniverse as a cohesive movie experience.

Meh.

That's been my entire take on the Bourne franchise.  I think I've seen all 3 of the Matt Damon flicks.

Couldn't tell you a thing about what happened in any of them.

: )

It was an action film, and there you go.


The latest?

Same thing.  Renner runs around the world trying to get his meds.

The action sequences are great, the movie zips along just fine, and then it's over.

That said, I think I remember more about this one than any of Damon flicks combined.  What that's worth?  I have really no idea.

Will there be another sequel?

There could be.  They leave it open-ended.


Final Grade: B-  It works for what it is.

Would I Own It: Nope, plenty of other action movies I'd watch again before I'd replay this one.  If I want to see Renner kicking butt, I'll play the Avengers for starters! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment