Sunday, June 7, 2015

Something Just Doesn't Click With "House Hunters"

House Hunters (1999)

Reality TV

The Story:

Suzanne Whang takes us on  journey behind the scenes as a realtor and buyer begin the arduous journey of finding their next dream house.

Again, as one who doesn't watch too much television until I stumble across it on Netflix, apparently House Hunters has been on for a decade and change.

That still doesn't make it a great show.

:)

Don't get me wrong, it's fine, but unlike Love It or List It or Property Brothers, there is no quirky Canadian duo to entice the viewer to stick around from episode to episode.

;)

While a slight exaggeration, upon further reflection, maybe not.

We've got different realtors, different people, different reasons in every episode, and while that's fine, there is no dynamic duo leading the viewer to care if these people succeed or fail at what they are doing.

I believe that is the hook that makes those shows work while I found this one to pale in comparison.

There is a handful of episodes now streaming on Netflix. I've watched one, while I've finished all episodes available of the other 2 shows, and both are in the running for Best of the Year honors.

House Hunters remains unfinished, and I'm in no hurry to return to see who buys the next house.

Final Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment