Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Potential...Wasted. "Laggies"

Laggies (2014)

Rated R

Starring Keira Knightly, Chloe Grace Moretz, Sam Rockwell

Directed by Lynn Shelton

The Story:

Megan (Knightly) is having a bit of a somewhere-in-life crisis. She's not ready to settle down when her boyfriend pops the question. Then she runs across a kid (Moretz) who wants her to buy her and her friends some beer. Why not?  Eventually she will move in with said kid and her dad (Rockwell) and you can guess where this one is going.

Although I can't tell you if it gets there, because at the 10 18 minute mark, I turned it off.

Utterly bored.

Which is a shame, because I am a fan of all three leads, especially Rockwell.

But there was nothing in this one to keep me interested.

Wasn't funny enough for a comedy.

Wasn't dramatic enough for a drama.

I saved myself an hour's worth of pain, and sent it back.

Your mileage may vary, but I remain unimpressed.

Final Grade: D

No comments:

Post a Comment