Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Locked in the Basement with "Jeff, Who Lives at Home."



I have officially found a candidate for one of the Top Turkeys of 2013...


The Story:

Jeff (Jason Segel) apparently lives at home.  His brother (Ed Helms) has a wife that he is apparently having issues with.  Their Mom (Susan Sarandon) is also in it...

And that's about when I turned it off.

: )

Segel and Helms are funny guys.  I've got cinematic proof of this on more than one occasion.  IF this movie is supposed to be a comedy, it was unfunny.  IF it was supposed to be a drama, I cared not a bit for any of the characters enough to keep watching.

18 minutes...and done.


For those that are new to my short reviews, or need a refresher, there is a 20 minute rule in our house about movies.  If we aren't grabbed and enthralled enough to continue past the 20 minute mark, the movie is ejected and forgotten about.

Naturally, this movie has a chance to fall off the list by Thanksgiving.  Movies that I look forward to, and they disappoint me would easily knock a film like this, where I didn't really care one way or the other before it began can be forgiven.

So, if the movie picked up after 18 minutes, please, feel free to shoot me some comments and I can always go back and try again.

Otherwise, later!


This movie is available to be avoided on Netflix Streaming and Amazon Prime (free) as of this writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment