Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bored to Tears by "Pawn's Move"






When your budget is $ 27.00, you shouldn't expect too much, right?


The Story:

Jimmy works in a pawn shop.  One day they receive an ultra-rare stamp worth MILLIONS!  Then, the owner dies, leaving the business to Jimmy.  Jimmy gets some of the money up front, leaves town to get away from a gold-digging shrew, winds up in another town and starts working at a pawn shop.  He also meets a shy reclusive girl and tries to fall in love with her.


So if you remember my best of 2012 list, it had Courageous on it.  I remarked at the time that I was impressed as Christian movies were getting better with their budgets, acting, story, etc. etc.

Yeah, this is not THAT company.

This is a rambling narrative that destroys any goodwill you can try and muster for the flick as it goes along.

The dialogue is stilted and painful to listen to.  The acting is wooden, or nonexistent.  The characters bland and one dimensional.

No, one dimensional gives them too much credit.  Non-dimensional would be a better description.

Whoever those critics are at the top of the movie poster that declare this to be a winner film, well they are suspect in my opinion.

Amazingly, I did not shut the movie off, for reasons I still haven't quite figured out.  I'm guessing that I was hoping it would get over the hump and become interesting.

Eventually, it ended.  But to be honest, I don't even remember how it ended. 

I had given up on the flick long before the credits rolled.

Available to stream on Netflix as of this writing.

I recommend avoiding this stream and choose more interesting waters...


Final Grade: D-

No comments:

Post a Comment