Sunday, February 2, 2014

"Super" May Have Been An Exaggeration This Year... "Super Bowl XLVIII"

Oh Super Bowl...

How you vex me as I write this.

I'm taking notes as the game plays, so I hope my chaotic rambling isn't too chaotic, or rambling for your taste.

My first thoughts about this matchup...

How Is This Possible?
I'm old enough to remember a time when a game between the Broncos and the Seahawks meant an AFC West slugfest.

I feel like Marty McFly... How can Denver and Seattle be in a Super Bowl against each other?

God Bless realignment...

So as we sit back and celebrate the new World Champions...of a sport played solely in North America... it's a chance when all NFL fans hope for a good game, fans of the two remaining teams trash talk a lot online, and everyone else tunes in for the commercials.

So how was it?

Are You Serious?!?
The opening snap for a Safety... ah yes, it's now all uphill, or down, depends on perspective for the Broncos.

I'm thinking if I would have been a bundle on that in Vegas, I'd be rich! ;)

The first commercial that I enjoyed airs during the first quarter.

Darn You Shawn!
This is the Turbo Tax commercial where the Super Bowl for non-fans of Denver and Seattle is compared to watching another guy take your girlfriend to prom.  Hysterical, and I love John C. Reilly's narration.

Back into the second quarter and  a Manning interception, and I'm beginning to think that Eli has suited up by mistake for the Broncos!



More commercial goodness:

Battle of the Network Stars!


Radio Shack's Goodbye to the 80s is filled with retro goodness.

Oh, and a Transformers sequel that has zero Shia LeBeouf and apparently much, much less giant robot fighting in darkness.  I might actually enjoy this installment.

15-0... I'm hoping the Broncos can do something, anything, positive at this point.

My standing rule for Super Bowls: I just want a competitive game.

Blowouts are only fun if it's your team doing the blowing out.

Oh goody... a terrible pick by Manning... and I'm reminded that I really don't want the Seahawks to win because I dislike Pete Carroll.

:)

22-0 and I'm seriously considering turning this nonsense off.



Okay, the Volkswagen commercial with German engineers getting wings is actually pretty funny.  I'll stick around a bit longer.

Birdy!


Back from commercial and... a fumble??!!

Shoot me now.

Manning is good, but he's going to need a miracle to come back from this hole.

Yay...Amazing Spider-Man 2 looks great!  Hopefully the "too many villains" doesn't crush the franchise like has happened for other super hero movies.

It's now the 2 minute warning... the Broncos are driving, if they can at least make this 22-7 at halftime, we've still got a game!

But no...

Oh, a Seinfeld mini-reunion.  That's cute, but when I realize that it's up to Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers to save the Super Bowl...

Yeah, we're in trouble!

Thought of the moment:

Where does the crowd on the field come from?  Do they buy special tickets just to come to the halftime show?  Free tickets?  Shuffle down from the stands?


I'm actually curious.

Gold Jacket Or No Jacket?


Nice to see that Kiedis and Flea dressed up for the show... ;)

Nice shout out from the troops for She's So Beautiful.

This was way better than the Black Eyed Peas show, that's for sure!


Mythbusters was pretty cool... but I'm not switching back to Comcast.

Ever.

Jerry Ricecake? Comedy gold!

The 2nd half begins....with a runback for a touchdown.

The score is now 87-0.  No, that's not a typo. ;)

I'm not sure what Coach Fox said to the Broncos at halftime, but I'm pretty sure that letting them score quick so we can get the ball back was not it.

Not even close.

And at the end of 3 Quarters, the Broncos finally scored, and I decided I had seen enough, and jumped in the car and drove back to MUSC to visit with my baby boy instead!

That was the best part of the Big Game!

:)

Congratulations to the Seahawks.

Also, Peyton's legacy is not tarnished with this loss.  He's a great quarterback, one of the best to ever play the position.

That's his legacy.

Hopefully next year's game lives up to the hype.

Or is at least competitive.

Super Bowl Final Grade: D+
Super Bowl Commercials: C-
Super Bowl Visit With My Son: A+

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment