Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"In A World..." Was Way Too Boring To Endure...

In A World (2013)
Rated R for language

Starring Lake Bell, Fred Melamed, Rob Corddry
Written and Directed by Lake Bell

The Story:

Carol (Bell) is a voice coach who lives in the shadow of her father Sam (Melamed), the current king of the voice overs now that Don LaFontaine has passed away.  As a new gig is announced that will use the "In A World..." intonation, whoever lands this job will likely become the new king.  Carol wants that king to be a queen and she tries to land a job reserved exclusively for men.

Or that's what the story seemed liked.

There was also a romance involved.

However, 20 minutes in, and I really still didn't care for any of the characters and I turned it off.

Perhaps I missed out on greatness, I guess I'll never know.

As someone who is a big fan of voice-over actors, heck it was the first "dream job" I remember wanting to have as a child.  My hope was to grow up and become the next Mel Blanc. :)

Nope, I just never latched on to these characters.

The longer it played, the more glazed over my eyes became.

Sorry, Lake Bell, I was not a fan.

Final Grade: D

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor: None whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment