Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Celebrating The Youth of Today..."The Bling Ring"

The Bling Ring (2013)
Rated R for language
 
Starring Katie Chang, Israel Broussard, Emma Watson, Claire Julien
 
Directed by Sofia Coppola
 
The Story:
 
A group of teens use social media to track their favorite celebrities, then break into their houses and rob them blind while the celebs are out partying.  And yes, it's based on true events.
 
Meh.
 
That's my overall reaction to this movie.
 
Of course, that's been my reaction to the entirety of Coppola's directing efforts that I've seen.
 
Yes, including Lost in Translation.
 

It was competent enough, but never really engaged me.
I'll Show Him Competent Enough...
 
I never really connected with any of the kids, so didn't feel anything but indifference when they got caught and punished.
 
And really, all they did was trade in their criminal behavior for a quick 15 minutes of fame.
 
Only in America.
 
Final Grade: D+
 
Rewatchability/Purchase Factor: I had enough of my time stolen already, I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment