Thursday, January 9, 2014

"2 Guns" Are Better Than One.



2 Guns (2013)
Rated R - Violence/Language/Nudity

Starring: Denzel Washington, Mark Wahlberg

Directed by: Baltasar Kormakur

The Story:

A DEA Agent (Washington) and an undercover Naval intelligence officer (Wahlberg) are working together to take down a drug lord (Edward James Olmos).  Neither realizes the other is an undercover agent until after they rob a bank they think contains his money.  It turns out it holds a lot of money from the CIA, and they want it back.  Can the two put their differences aside and work together to save their own lives?

I remember watching the trailer for this movie and thinking, "that looks like it will be a pretty fun movie."

Yay!

I was right.

The chemistry between Washington and Wahlberg makes this film an enjoyable buddy cop/action flick.

Someone Is Going To Be Shot

They play very well off of one another, and I have to admit that I really enjoy seeing Denzel Washington play a little more humor with his character than he normally does.  Wahlberg coasts through his part with a wink and a smile, literally, and both are engaging throughout.

As each of their single stories unfolds, the mystery and intrigue to the plot deepens.  Layers of who do you trust? are revealed as both men find out that they cannot trust the people they work for any longer.  However, it's when they are onscreen together that the movie really shines, and the film wisely keeps them partnered up through most of the screen time.

Plus, with the bank robbery and the shenanigans that ensue with double and triple crosses, it's a heist film.

I think I've been pretty clear on my love for the heist film.

:)
Let's Play A Game...

The layers of bad guys includes the Navy (James Marsden) and the sinister head of the CIA (Bill Paxton) who want the money that has been stolen.

Based on a Boom! Studios graphic novel, it does play very much like a well-made comic book.

I approve!

Final Grade: B+

Would I Watch It Again? Yes, I would happily watch this one again.

Would I Buy This Movie? Yes, I'm adding it to the Christmas List of 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment