Saturday, November 24, 2012

Guest Review(s): Rise of the Guardians


So today, I am reviewing a movie that I have not seen.

Rise of the Guardians from Dreamworks.

Okay, that is not entirely accurate.

Today, I am letting the kids take over this review, sort of, to give you their thoughts on the movie.

They are begging to go back to the theater so that I can watch it this time, they swear it is that good.

For those that follow my Facebook page, you've seen the art that my daughters have drawn for the Fan Art Contest.

I was afraid when they all went on opening day, that they had set the bar for expectations so incredibly high that it would be impossible to meet their desires.

It turns out, I worried needlessly.

As the oldest said, "it blew all of my expectations away".

You've all seen the review that says that this is "The Avengers of animated movies" by now.

My kids agreed.

With a month to go, this is their # 2 movie of the year, right behind the Avengers, and ahead of The Amazing Spider-Man.

Pretty good praise from the six of my kids who all have diverse opinions about what is, and is not a good movie.

To quote the oldest: "Rise of the Guardians is, in a word, magical."

Next kid: "Seriously, I could go on and on about how great it was, but I won't."

Third oldest..."Easily one of the best movies of this year."

The 3 non-teens are all in agreement as well.

So I'm looking forward to seeing it.  If it's as good as they claim, I highly anticipate it being on my Top 10 list for NEXT year.

Sorry kids, I won't be heading to the theater that I know of.

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment