Monday, February 9, 2015

Sounds Like Fun..."Let's Be Cops"

Let's Be Cops (2014)

Rated R

Starring Jake Johnson, Damon Wayans Jr.

Written and Directed by Luke Greenfield

The Story:

Ryan (Johnson) and Justin (Wayans) are struggling in their current jobs. When they dress as cops for a college reunion instead of dressing for a masquerade ball, the duo realize that maybe they are getting the short end of the stick of life. However on their way home, everyone treats them like real cops, and the guys begin to blow off steam by playing fake cops for fun. However, when the duo stumble upon an actual crime, they begin to take their play seriously, and begin to unravel a case that deals with the mob! Hopefully they brought some fake bulletproof vests!

This is one of those movies that you see the trailer or hear the title and roll your eyes thinking, "okay, that will probably be silly fun, or downright stupid, I'll catch it on DVD".

I did.

I'm glad I did.

It's actually quite a bit of fun and has a good time with the buddy cop genre.

Even though these guys aren't really cops!

Most of the jokes work without fail, and really the only thing I will knock them for is adhering to their R rating.

This is one I can't just have playing in the house due to the small ears that roam around and barge in.

But that's a problem at my house, not with the movie itself.

Both of the stars do a fine job carrying the film, and I guess the best thing I can say is this:

Let's Be Cops...Again!

I'd happily watch a sequel.

Final Grade: I'm giving this one a solid B.

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor: I will likely purchase this one in the future and will watch it again someday when the kids aren't around. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment