Saturday, January 24, 2015

They Are At It Again..."The Purge: Anarchy"

The Purge: Anarchy (2014)

Rated R

Starring Frank Grillo, Carmen Ejogo, Zach Gilford, Kiele Sanchez, Zoe Soul,

Written and Directed by James DeMonaco

The Story:

The annual Purge is upon us. That one night of the year where all crime is permissible, even murder!

Well, as I promised after watching the first installment, I would be back for the sequel.

To be honest, I found this one much better than the first installment.

I actually enjoyed the first movie, my main complaint was the majority of the film being too dark and shadowy for a suspense thriller.

DeMonaco rectifies all of that, and then some this go round.

Instead of a family, we get three separate stories that all converge together and bring some people together, out on the streets, after the Purge has begun.

Grillo is a great choice and has the chops and charisma to be a solid leading man in these budget thrillers.

Gone is the claustrophobic darkness from the first one, and it's opened up into the streets and buildings around town as this group attempts to survive the night.

I hate to say I enjoyed it, but I did.

If DeMonaco keeps this up, I'll be back for a third installment!

Final Grade: B/B-

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor: While I said once was enough for the first installment, I could actually watch this one again with little problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment