Friday, January 30, 2015

Simply Put...THE Best Movie of 2014! "Guardians Of The Galaxy"

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

PG-13

Starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper,

Written and Directed by James Gunn

The Story:

Marvel Studios heads into space with a tale of a band of ne'er do-wells led by Star-Lord (Pratt) who teams with Gamora (Saldana) Drax (Bautista) Groot (Diesel) and Rocket (Cooper) in an attempt to save the very universe that considers them to be outlaws.  But heroes come in all shapes and sizes, and these Guardians of the Galaxy are about to prove to be every bit as worthy as The Avengers.

Borrowed from my synopsis that I wrote for the movie review when I saw it in theaters.

It was impressive then.

It was a trip into space for Marvel that basically brought the thrill of Star Wars to a generation that grew up on it when it first came out, and it made us kids again.

The acting was superb.

James Gunn is fantastic (and if you want a lot of fun, follow him on Facebook!) and as enthusiastic of an ambassador to the Marvel Universe as you're going to get.

If you don't like science fiction...
If you don't like comic book movies...

I ask that you give this one a try.

Your opinion might change on both fronts.

I've yet to meet anyone out there that saw it and didn't like it.

I'm sure they exist, but I'm not sure I want to know that person.

They are probably dead on the inside.

:)

Final Grade: A+

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor: One of the only things I wanted for Christmas, it will be enjoyed often over the next few years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment