Monday, December 1, 2014

This Is Not A Very "Happy Christmas"

Happy Christmas (2014)

Rated R

Starring Anna Kendrick, Melanie Lynskey, Mark Webber, Lena Dunham

Written and Directed by Joe Swanberg

The Story:

Jenny (Kendrick) is going through a break-up, so she moves in with her sister (Lynskey) and her family.  Dramatic or comedic things are said to ensue.

Welcome to my first, least favorite movie of 2015!

There was no humor.
There was no intrigue for the dramatic.

About the only thing the movie had going for it was a grainy feel and titles that made this movie feel like a 70s production.

I'm not exactly sure that's a compliment.

I made it just a shade over 16 minutes before I clicked it off and looked for something better.

I was being generous, I had lost interest in the movie long before that.

Available to stream instantly on Netflix if you'd rather judge for yourself.

Final Grade: F

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor: This lump of coal is the perfect gift for that Scrooge you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment