Monday, March 31, 2014

Not An April Fool's Day Prank... "Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse"

This review is dedicated to all the Dads (and Moms) who have little girls who like Barbie.
 
Barbie: Life In The Dreamhouse (2012)

The Story:

Barbie lives in her Malibu dream house with her sisters Skipper, Stacie and Chelsea.  They are joined by some of Barbie's closest friends, and of course, Ken.  Filmed as a sort of reality doll show, the hijinks are often and the commentary is hilarious.

A show I never should have seen.

A show I shouldn't even know exists.

A show I definitely shouldn't be reviewing.

And yet, here I am.

:)

Sometimes when a kid watches the same show over and over and over and over and over and over an over and over and over and over...
Or at least it feels that way....

You want them to try something new.

So a flip or two through Netflix, and this show pops up as available for streaming.

There are 4 episodes, each filled with several 4-5 minute episodes for about a 20 minute run-time.

What could possibly go wrong?

Amazingly, nothing.
Or everything.

The show is FUNNY!!

Hysterically so, and one that I catch myself stopping to listen to if it's on as I'm passing through the house and the kids are watching it.

Whether it's Ken and his crazy inventions or the vain twins Raquelle and Ryan (he's absolutely hysterical), there's always something brewing in Barbie's life worth laughing over.

Genius work when they re-introduced Midge to Barbie's life. She arrives, black and white ala Pleasantville, and she is stuck in the past with her slang and actions until she receives a makeover.


Again, this rating has nothing to do with the "holiday" of April Fool's Day.

This show is flat-out fun.

Some of the episodes are available to stream instantly on Netflix as of this writing.

Sadly, I'm waiting for more episodes to be uploaded!

:)

Final Grade: B+

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor: I don't know that I'd rush out to buy it, but I'm enjoying watching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment