Sunday, March 30, 2014

Greed Is Good. "The Wolf Of Wall Street" Is Not

The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
Rated R for Excessive language, nudity and drug use

Starring Leonardo DiCaprio

Directed by Martin Scorsese

The Story:

Jordan Belfort (DiCaprio) is a stock broker.  This film chronicles his rise to riches, and his fall due to corruption.

Color me not-interested.

The movie opens with excess after excess flying off the screen.

Based on the true story of Jordan Belfort, DiCaprio does nothing to make me want to endure 3 hours of watching this sleazy con-artist go from rags to riches, to richer still.

This is not to say that this movie isn't probably good or entertaining.  Scorsese and DiCaprio seem to have developed some magical chemistry together.

But when I'm five minutes into a film, and the main character is snorting cocaine off a the butt of a hooker...

Yeah, I'm in for a long 3 hours, or I can cut my losses and realize that this brand of entertainment is just not for me.


So off it went, and I don't feel like I really missed anything.

Final Grade: D

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor: Of all the things I think I could accomplish in my  life in a 3 hour span... attempting to watch this movie again...ever...does not make the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment