Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween? Not With This Yucky Treat... "V/H/S"


Still not scarier than BetaMax!

The Story:

People do stupid things.
And record it.

Thus making their stupidity immortal.

I guess.

18 minutes, and I turned it off.

Bored. Annoyed.
Pick one. 
Find a synonym, pick that.

The characters I was presented with were annoying and I really didn't care one bit about what may or may not happen to them.

I think eventually the guys were going to break into a guy's house to steal another tape to make some quick cash, but again, by that point I had completely lost interest.

Not good for a horror movie.

You've given me:

a) No premise
b) No killer
c) No victim
d) No plot
e) No reason to keep watching

If I want to watch dudes breaking stuff on video, I've got YouTube for that, and those people are better actors and make me at least interested in their story.

I hear that there were several segments, making this an anthology type movie.

Nope, still not interested, and not going to bother fast forwarding to find a chapter I might like.

Amazingly, there was a sequel, so this must have been somewhat successful.

The poster is cool looking, a nice 80s quality to it.

That's why I selected it for the picture to accompany the review.

That's about all I can say nice on the film's behalf.

If the movie was half as good...

Both V/H/S movies are streaming on Netflix if you're up to the challenge.

Final Grade: D-... aw heck, in the spirit of Halloween... F

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor: Not in a million years...

No comments:

Post a Comment