Saturday, October 19, 2013

Delicious Weekend Part One: "Candyman: The David Klein Story"

Jelly Bellys...yum...

The Story:

Apparently this is the story of David Klein, the man who invented the Jelly Belly jelly bean.

I say apparently, because at 10 minutes in, I was bored to tears, and turned it off.

How could something as inherently interesting as the inventor of the Jelly Belly be so mind-numbingly awful?

I don't know.

The more I think about it, I still don't know.

I half want to keep watching to see if it gets better.

Apparently he loses the company in a business deal and that's a terrible shame, but then I would just have sympathy for a character that I found rather obnoxious and boring.

Not the kind of guy I want to give my sympathy to.

I mean, having toured the factory in California, the place is great, and I love the way they make their products.

And Very Cherry is the single greatest Jelly Belly flavor.

Ever.

But, I'd rather eat a bag of black licorice jelly beans than waste another moment on this one.

Available to stream on Netflix if you'd rather try it yourself.

Final Grade: F

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor:  You had me at Jelly Belly.  You lost me when you brought in the guy himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment