Monday, August 5, 2013

Zooming To The Top of the List of Worst Movies I've Watched..."Spring Breakers"

Uncle Walt would be spinning in his grave...

The Story:

4 college girls (Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens and two other irrelevant actresses) want to go on spring break, but they don't have enough money.  So they rob a place to get the money...

And I turned the movie off.

ZzzzZZZzzzzZZzzzzz

9 minutes... I went fast forward from about the 2 minute mark wondering if any semblance of plot or characterization would develop.

Then there was the stylish direction where shots were continually weaving in and out of focus...

Nope.  Just girls frolicking in bikinis, getting high at every conceivable opportunity.  It seems like the director's voyeuristic fantasy, and it just felt creepy.

Apparently Hudgens and Gomez wanted to break free of their Disney image, because yes, why be grateful towards a company that made you a bit of cash in your lifetime and turned you into a star?

I hear people say that James Franco was amazing in his role.

Congratulations James Franco, you're apparently the best part of a movie I couldn't stand to watch.


Yes, I think MacGruber has been saved from being the worst movie I've seen so far this year.

Final Grade: F

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor:  To quote Vince McMahon "No Chance in Hell!"

No comments:

Post a Comment