If knowing is half the battle, what exactly is the other half?

The Story:

The G.I. Joe team recruits Duke (Channing Tatum) and Ripcord (Marlon Wayans) into their ranks.  It seems that the nefarious COBRA organization has some nanomite technology in their hands, and they plan to take over the world!  Can the Joes save the day?  Or are they doomed to failure?

You know what, I don't get all the hate towards this film.

Going back and watching the 80s cartoon...yeah, it's not as great as we might seem to remember it being.

:)

Plus, I never bothered with the action figures.

No, instead, this movie came out, yet another Hasbro toy property brought to the big screen.  2 years removed from the blockbuster success of The Transformers (a movie that blows by the way! : )  )The trailer premiered, and they promised me an action movie, and the movie delivers.  Some great effects and stuntwork and some killer action set-pieces, I have absolutely no complaints with what the finished product wound up being.

The majority of the characters are all here, with a pretty impressive cast filling in all of the roles.  An argument could be made that perhaps it was all too much...too soon and it could have been spread out over a franchise instead of cramming everything and the kitchen sink into one movie.

But come on, it was cool to see Snake Eyes (Ray Park) up on the big screen.

At the end, the Joes save the day, imprison Cobra Commander and Destro, but Zartan has taken the place of the President.

I smell sequel!

: )

Final Grade: B-

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor: I own it, and I've watched it 2 times since the first time I've seen it.  Still enjoy it each time.