Saturday, June 29, 2013

Excited for Today's Review? I Know, I "Can't Hardly Wait", Either!!


Every generation needs it's party...

The Story:

Graduation has come, and tonight, the seniors are going to party.  Will Preston (Ethan Embry) finally be able to tell the girl of his dreams (Jennifer Love Hewitt) that he loves her? What happens when Denise (Lauren Ambrose) and Kenny (Seth Green)  get locked in a bathroom together all night?  All of this and more await at the senior party.

Yes, I know, you can't hardly wait!

I had never seen this one before, so apparently I missed out on the 90s ode to High School.

I suppose that American Pie may have overshadowed it, though that seems to be the 2000s answer to the High School film for a generation.

Makes me long for the innocent days of John Hughes tackling life in the 80s.

: )

But I digress...

This film is amusing and odd at times, as they just throw stuff out there and hope some of it sticks.  Much of the high school clichés are played out throughout the party that spoke to the generation that saw it in theaters.

I assume.  : /

So for them, it's their Fast Times, Ferris Bueller or the Breakfast Club.

For me, it was more fun seeing who the background characters were that shot to fame after their appearance in this movie, and pretty much eclipsed any/all of the main stars of the film.

That said, it wasn't a waste of my time, and I enjoyed pretty much the whole thing.  No complaints.

Final Grade: B

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor: No hurry to do either again, but not a bad film.  The more sentimental it is to you, the more you'll enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment