Saturday, October 13, 2012

Man vs. Wild ~ "The Grey"



Finally, a Liam Neeson franchise that can't have a sequel...


: )

The story:

A planeload of oil riggers in Alaska crashes in the wilderness.  The ones that die on the plane are the lucky ones.  The rest have to survive the cold Alaskan winter...and a pack of werewolves that want to kill them all.

Okay, werewolves would have actually made this movie better.

If you love Liam Neeson, that's about the only reason I could recommend this tedious thriller that simply picks off one character that you really could care less about, after another...

for two hours.

: /

Yeah, it's streaming from Netflix, and even I hit fast forward as I guessed which character would be the next to die.

This movie didn't survive the 20 minute rule.  That is:

If I'm not grabbed and want to continue the movie within the first 20 minutes, it's coming out.

Could I be missing some complex narration and underlying tones of man's utter futility in the fury of mother nature?

Somehow, I don't think so.

Yeah, I'll take Battleship over this stinker, any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment