Saturday, October 6, 2012

100 Greatest Movies of All Time...That I Own. # 3 ~ The Avengers






Welcome to the Greatest Comic Book Movie...Ever Made.

Yep, I'm still on a euphoric high from seeing it in theaters with my kids earlier this summer.

In fact, while it sits in my house since Avengers Day courtesy of Netflix... I have yet to watch it!

I know... terrible!

But I plan to.  Just been a little busy.  However, the kids have all watched it, at least once, and said it's still as good as they remember.

So that leaves me to wonder will this movie remain in the Top 5 of all time?

Or will time allow some of the other classics to slide back in front and push the Avengers back down somewhere else in the Top 25?

We'll see. : )

So for the few that haven't seen the film, here goes:

All of the heroes from the Marvel movies finally get together under Nick Fury's Avengers Inititiative to stop Loki from taking over the world.

Perhaps my most concise summary, ever!

Really, it's a chance for all of the Avengers we've seen in each of their own films to step up and branch out just a little bit more.  There is still character growth for some of them, and a chance to further hone their place in the Marvel Universe.  And then, it's a slobberknocker of a fight at the end of the film to save the day.

Robert Downey Jr. once again owns his role as Tony Stark.  Hemsworth and Evans both continue to grow their pieces as Thor and Captain America.  Hawkeye and the Black Widow each get more screen time this go round.  And then there is Mark Ruffalo playing the final, and best, version of Bruce Banner yet to grace the screen.

As for Agent Coulson...

In a world of Life Model Decoys, where the Vision still would need brainwaves, where unless you bury a body then they probably aren't dead...

I'm holding out hope.

: )

And then there were 2...

As everyone probably already knows my # 1... it will be tomorrow's reveal that will bring closure to this epic adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment