Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Andy Griffith Show


Okay, I'm sure everyone and their dog has seen at least one episode of this show in their lifetime.

I vaguely remember an episode or two playing in syndication while I was growing up, and I didn't much care for it.  Give me the Brady Bunch or get me back to Gilligan's Island, pronto!

Now that I'm older, I wish I lived in Mayberry.

Or at least towns like Mayberry still existed.

The show is sweet, corny, and just plain fun.

The entire cast is great, from the main actors to the random townsfolk who play large or small roles in the grand scheme of things.  I mean really, who doesn't love Otis?

All in all, it's a wonderfully enjoyable series.  I'm sure it will jump the shark at some point, my guess will be around the time that Barney departs the show.  Don Knotts is an underrated comic genius.

Until then, whenever it's late and we want to put on a quick 20 minutes of quiet entertainment to wind down the day, this is always an excellent choice.

5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment