Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Some Time Capsules Should Remain Buried..."Everybody Wants Some!!"


Everybody Wants Some!!

Rated R

Starring Blake Jenner, Juston Street, Ryan Guzman, Tyler Hoechlin, Wyatt Russell, Glen Powell, Temple Baker, J. Quinton Johnson, Will Brittain

Written and Directed by Richard Linklater

The Story:

Jake (Jenner) arrives at college and heads to the house where his baseball team (Everyone else) lives. It's the weekend before the semester starts, what hijinks will ensue?

I'd love to write more, but this is a difficult movie to review, because that's basically it.

It's a bunch of college guys enjoying their last weekend before school starts, so while things happen...

That's not much of a plot to work with.

From the guy that brought you Dazed and Confused in the early 90s, a film I still haven't seen, apparently he strikes again with an homage to 1980.

So unknown (mostly? relatively?) cast and a great soundtrack.

If lightning strikes again, he'll have found the next Matthew McCounaghy for us.
Alright, alright, alright.

But seriously, other than that...

I've got nothing.

This movie didn't leave much of an impression on me.

I even have to rack my brain to remember... did I actually watch the whole thing? Did I fast forward hoping something interesting happened?

And, I've got nothing.

Now, that said, the cast of actors did a great job with what they were given.

And yes, I hope to see them again in something else.

With a plot.

: )

Final Grade: C

No comments:

Post a Comment