Monday, July 25, 2016

Not So Special..."Midnight Special"


Midnight Special (2016)

Rated PG-13

Starring Jaeden Lieberher, Michael Shannon, Joel Edgerton, Adam Driver, Kirsten Dunst,

Written and Directed by Jeff Nichols

 The Story:

Alton (Lieberher) is a little boy with some strange and unusual powers. His parents (Shannon & Dunst) are trying to get him away from a cult that worships him and the government who want to experiment on him.

Most movies have a point, or a lesson or an enjoyment factor to them.

I've finished this one, and pondered it for a bit, and can't really find one to this film at all.

I mean, you've got the love of a parent for their child and wanting to make sure they are as safe as can be, regardless of the consequences.

But it's such a long road to get there.

And I hate to use the word "boring" but I'm going to.

Boring.

I've seen too many similar movies, heck, the far superior Stranger Things on Netflix for example, that takes a similar situation and did a much better job on every level.

I didn't really care too much about any of the characters or what was happening.

Which is depressing, because I wanted to care.

Save yourself 2 hours, listen to the Creedence Clearwater Revival song instead.

:)

Final Grade: C-

No comments:

Post a Comment