Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I Would Have Asked "The Lady In The Van" To Move


The Lady In The Van (2015)

Rated PG-13

Starring Maggie Smith, Alex Jennings,

Directed by Nicholas Hytner

The Story:

Alan Bennett (Jennings) allows Mary Shepherd (Smith), a slightly crazy old lady to live in her van in his driveway.

For 15 years.

The movie chronicles their strange friendship.

And yes, it's based on a true story.

The problem was, after almost 20 minutes, I really didn't care.

Sure, there was twists and turns to come, but all I wanted to do was move along.

Which is what all of the neighbors wanted Mary to do in the film as well.

It wasn't "funny". It wasn't "dramatic".  It was just playing, and when I have the choice between watching a movie or doing work...

Well in this instance, I chose to get back to work.

: )

I also found the author's "dual roles" to be rather annoying.

I'm sure lots of people will like this one, but it wasn't my cup of tea, at all.

Final Grade: D


No comments:

Post a Comment