Sunday, September 7, 2014

"Unstoppable" Was More Like ' Unwatchable '

Unstoppable (2013)

Documentary

Directed by Darren Doane

Written and Starring Kirk Cameron

The Story:

Kirk Cameron, the lightning rod of religious controversy returns with his latest documentary where he attempts to explain why bad things happen to good people.

Good luck, Kirk!

Want proof that I don't praise every Christian film that comes along? Look no further than Unstoppable.

It means well, and I'm happy that Cameron has an outlet to preach the gospel.

This one however feels more than a bit off to me.

Taking the death of a young man and friend of Kirk as the basis of the story, some cheesy reenactments of stories from the Bible will show that bad things have happened to good people since the beginning of time.

Unless I blinked and missed the great revelation of why it happens, I left this one unimpressed.

On a positive note, at least it was barely an hour long.

Now available to stream on Netflix as of this writing.

Final Grade: C-

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor: I'd have to pass on bothering with this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment