Monday, September 29, 2014

This Review Could Get Me In "Big Trouble In Little China" And Possibly Other Places As Well!

Big Trouble In Little China (1986)

Rated PG-13

Starring Kurt Russell, Kim Cattrall, Dennis Dun,

Directed by John Carpenter

The Story:

Jack Burton (Russell) is a truck driver who is helping a friend (Dun) and a lawyer (Cattrall) who are fighting by supernatural forces to save a girl with green eyes.  Mayhem, chaos, and cheesy special effects abound.

No, until today, I had never seen Big Trouble in Little China.

I wonder if this is one of those films that if I watched it back when I was younger, would I have fond memories of this film?

Because without those rose-colored glasses, this movie is the very definition of a B movie.

Kurt Russell hams it up and has a great time as the hero, but other than that...

Nah, I can't find anything redeeming or worthwhile about this one.


Available to stream instantly on Netflix as of this writing.

I'll be generous with my grade today.

Final Grade: C-

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor: No... I'm amazed I watched it all the way through this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment