Friday, June 24, 2016

I Really Didn't Like It... "Rock The Kasbah"



Rock the Kasbah (2015)

Rated R

Starring Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Zooey Deschanel, Kate Hudson, Leem Lubany

Directed by Barry Levinson

The Story:

Richie (Murray) is a music manager who hasn't found the next-big-thing in a few decades. So he takes his only client on a USO tour in Afghanistan, she freaks out and bolts. Richie is all alone until he hears a magical voice singing from a cave and discovers Samir (Lubany). He thinks she could be the next Afghan Star, except for the whole how Afghanistan treats women thing.

And yes, it's based on a true story.

The bad thing...

I was sooooo bored within the first 20 minutes, I wanted to turn it off.

I don't even remember if I did.

I think I fast forwarded to the end of the film to see the happy ending.

I was just happy it was over.

Talented cast.

Sloppy execution.

Now available to stream on Netflix as of this writing.

Final Grade:  D-

No comments:

Post a Comment