Sunday, November 24, 2013

Streaming TV Weekend: "The Walking Dead: Pilot Episode"


You don't look so good...

The Story:

Deputy Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) is shot and falls into a coma while on duty.  When he awakes, it appears as if he is the last person alive on Earth.  He struggles to return home to find that there are zombies everywhere, and his wife and son are missing.  Assisted by other survivors, Rick arms up and heads to Atlanta to find his family.

Well, that was something.

:)

I have not read the comics, and until now, I had never seen the show.

I have watched the pilot episode only, and I have to say...

Not bad.

I've heard from many that the show gets better...  and that there's a lot of slow pacing to the show.

Well, I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Helmed by Frank Darabont, probably the finest unheralded director of any generation, the show plays like a good suspense movie.

While I won't be joining the rest of you on Sundays to catch new episodes, I will slowly catch up on Netflix.

Now available for streaming on Netflix as of this writing.

Final Grade: B

Rewatchability/Purchase Factor: Too soon to call, but I doubt I would need to buy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment